Unwrap Easter Magic in Paris: Discover the Top Six Must-Do Activities
Strolling along the Seine in the sunshine, pink cherry blossom blooms and colourful window displays of cute chocolate bunnies and magic bells – Easter is the best way to experience Paris in the spring. Whether you’re a local, on a weekend break or visiting for property viewings, these are six of the most exciting things to do at Easter in Paris.
What to do at Easter in Paris
- Sunday mass at Notre Dame has always been one of the greatest traditions for Parisians at Easter, but as it is still closed due to the fire, on Sunday 9 April 2023, the chaplains are holding a blessing outside at 11.30am. The cherry tree groves are harder to see due to the ongoing work, but can still be enjoyed from certain viewpoints. The American Cathedral and St Joseph’s Catholic Church are among the religious establishments holding English services this Easter.
- Easter egg hunts (“chasse aux oeufs”) are being held all over the city. Three of the most popular are at the Musée de Montmartre’s Renoir Gardens, Parc Zoologique and Jardin d’Acclimation, where there are 50,000 Kinder eggs waiting to be discovered.
- Traditional Easter dishes in France involve a leg of lamb, eggs and asparagus, and this culinary theme is reflected in buzzy bistros and eateries all over Paris. For something a little more high-end, try Maison Delano’s La Chambre Bleue (8th arrondissement), a “new restaurant concept” from Picasso-inspired chef Dani Garcia, or Le Bélisaire (15th arrondissement) from chef Matthieu Garrel.
- Chocolate-making wizardry and chocolatiers’ spellbinding creations make a fun and delectable way to while away a couple of hours in Paris. Check out La Maison du Chocolat, Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse, Chocolat Foucherand Jeffrey Cagnes who are showcasing some extraordinary designs and flavours this Easter.
- This Easter at Disneyland Paris falls during its 30th anniversary grand finale. Highlights include a Mickey & Friends day show and a Marvel-themed drone display. From 12 April 2023, they are bringing back Disney Dreams, a firework and special effects display of Disney stories, ahead of a new Pixar show that premieres in the summer.
- Plenty of classical concerts are being held on Palm Sunday, 9 April 2023, for those who prefer to destress over symphonies. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons is on at La Madeleine Church, Bach by Candlelight: Suites for Cello Solo is at the Saint Ephrem Church and the Ensemble Royal de Paris: Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart is at the Saint Julien le Pauvre Church.
Luxury property for sale in Paris
Real estate in Paris is in high demand, but Home Hunts can help you to secure seemingly impossible deals and show you off-market homes you didn’t know existed. If you are looking for a luxury home in the City of Light, then here are some options to consider for your short list.
L’art de vivre in the 16th
This stylish three-bedroom apartment (HH-14894282) is located in a peaceful, sought after square in the Passy neighbourhood, not far from the Trocadero. Having been renovated by a skilful architect, high ceilings bring light-filled and exquisitely designed rooms throughout. This is a space that needs to be experienced to be truly appreciated – book a viewing and see how you feel. Having just come onto the market, at €3,690,000 it’s unlikely to be up for sale for long.
A golden opportunity
This is an off-market opening to acquire a beautiful four-bedroom property (HH-14791268) in the sought-after Golden Triangle area in the 8th arrondissement. The apartment, priced at €7,700,000, has been luxuriously renovated and furnished by a renowned architect. Highlights include period features, beautiful city views and state-of-the-art smart home automation.
The sky’s the limit
If you’re looking for a Parisian pad with outside space, but on a lower budget, this glorious former dance hall (HH-14666534) turned loft-style apartment could be one to view. It is located around 10km from the centre of Paris by Courbevoie station. The peaceful roof terrace, stunning sky lights and exposed metal beams give the space a distinctive vibe that is unique to the property. It could be yours for €1,595,000.
If you are looking to buy property in Paris, or perhaps you just want to know more about the property market, check out www.home-hunts.com, or keep an eye on this page, but to discuss your criteria with a Home Hunts consultant, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +33 (0)970 44 66 43.